TES Global (June 2015 – present)
- full stack engineer in a microservices environment utilizing node.js and React
- continuous deployment using Jenkins
- maintain and add new features to Ruby on Rails application
- build, test, and maintain REST api for mobile app
- build and maintain React Native iOS app
Kindle Classroom Project
University of California-Davis; Davis, California (2007-2010
Master of Arts, Mathematics, December 2009
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire; Eau Claire, Wisconsin (2003-2007)
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics & Spanish, May 2007
Envision Schools (August 2011 – June 2015)
City Arts & Technology High School; 9th grade Algebra
- Planned engaging lessons and integrated real world applications into daily classwork through project based learning and inquiry lessons to prepare students for success in college and life.
- Developed skills based assessments to prepare students for the rigors of future math classes.
- Regularly use technology to enhance student learning through homework videos and an interactive website as well as daily use of an iPad for all classroom instruction.
- After first year, raised proficient and advanced students to 43% from 33% and reduced far below basic students from 16% to 7%.
- Successfully lobbied for a class set of Chromebooks and then integrated them into daily lessons and regularly used them as a tool for intervention.
- Served as Literacy Lead Instructor for the 2012-2013 school year by developing rigorous professional development pertaining to the integration of literacy into existing curriculum and worked to mentor colleagues on best practices and problem solving curriculum design.
- Developed and ran California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) prep course for juniors and seniors who have yet to pass and ran weekly review sessions to prepare students for exam.
Oakland Unified School District (August 2010 – June 2011)
West Oakland Middle School; 8th grade Algebra & Geometry
- Developing rigorous lessons and real world integration to prepare students for success in high school and life. Also provided intervention to 7th grade pre-algebra students.
- Increased district benchmark test scores in algebra from 11% at benchmark on the fall exam to 45% at benchmark for the mid-year exam 3 months later.
- Taught high school geometry to advanced 8th grade students through inquiry-based projects to prepare them for the rigors of taking this course the following year as freshmen in high school.
Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education (IISME) (Summer 2012)
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- Worked with a team of engineers on a new design process for ground up design of parts for various space vehicles.
- Designed training materials curriculum and performed data analysis on various sets of data.
- Required use of good communication skills and independent work to meet strict deadlines set by other teams. Also worked one-on-one with various engineers on planning and implementing the design process.